Wednesday, January 5, 2011

When inspiration fails you....

I came into 2011 wanting to write a daily blog.  The first few days were fine, inspiration flowed....until tonight.  I feel quite flat and uninspired.  I am not sure whether it is the lag of not having a routine as everyone is home from school and at loose ends, or whether I have gone into holiday mode waiting for my upcoming Melbourne adventure to begin, or whether I am just bored - which I feel is quite a boring and unacceptable explanation!  Whatever the reason, not even watching my beloved tennis is helping shift my sense of ennui tonight.  I have resorted to playing around on Twitter and Facebook, unable to even update my status in any meaningful way as I am so freakin' bored and uninspired.  This is not something that happens to me very often.  I am reasonably energetic and as a wife and mother there is always something that needs to be done or planned for or cleaned up....you get the picture.  So on the rare occasions I have time to contemplate things for myself and I come up empty, it's pretty hard to take.

I've really been scraping the bottom of the barrel tonight - I even checked out whether Princess Mary had had her twins yet (that is quite an embarrassing admission), one I would hasten to add, would not normally have happened had I been more entertained and inspired! I have looked for more people to follow on Twitter and have actually looked properly at friends' photo albums on Facebook (I admit I am a dodgy friend and don't often take the time to look at others' albums...).  And it's always when you have all the time and opportunity in the world that you have no idea how to use it.  I am sure while I am being harassed by my adorable kids in the morning I will remember all these pages I need/want to check out - but can't think of any of them right now, when I have all the time and opportunity in the world.  In the iconic words of Alanis Morrisette, "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"

So, while I am still bored and uninspired I will bid you adieu - I will try to spare you the need to read any more desperate and rambling confessions on how far I will go to find amusement....

N.B. Just laughed out loud at my husband, at his expense of course! Wish I could share that little bit of amusement with you but that might be a little embarassing for him...farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment